What is Real Estate Content Marketing?
As a whole, our culture has become somewhat desensitized to marketing. We are bombarded with ads constantly – while we’re driving, when we surf the internet, as we watch television, even simply playing a game on our cell phones! The average consumer wants more than ads to persuade them… they want knowledge.
Content marketing is the act of delivering that knowledge in the form of any type of repeatable media: video, text, audio, etc. The idea is that if you create valuable content that educates an audience, they get a sense that you’re an authority on the subject, and they also begin trusting you, even if only subconsciously.
There is a lot more to real estate content marketing than just posting a blog once a week, however. You need to ensure that content is getting found by employing search engine optimization techniques, including keyword research. You’ll also need to ensure that your content is getting syndicated to common areas for your audience (such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and other social sites), and make it easy for them to share your content with others by using easy, 1-click “share” icons. One of the best ways to use real estate content marketing is to keep in touch with potential clients and past clients via email marketing. The people who already know your name are more likely to remember it if you’re delivering them useful information at least once a month.
Sometimes, you may produce content that is out of this world, and you want as many readers as possible. For times like those, you can pay to put your content in front of hundreds or thousands via promoted Facebook posts, pay-per-click ads, paid press release networks, and even content distributors.
The research in support of content marketing is staggering, especially when you consider that most of your real estate competitors probably haven’t even heard of it.
Real Estate Content Marketing Benefits
- Content marketing allows you to leverage the knowledge and experience you have in your industry to establish yourself as an expert in your field.
- Content marketing boasts higher ROI (Return on Investment) than most other forms of marketing, because it’s inexpensive and highly favorable among consumers.
- Content marketing leads to engagement with your targeted audience, because it helps them see you as a person instead of a faceless company that blindly markets to them.
- Content marketing brings more traffic to your website which results in more people clicking on your calls to action.
- Content marketing can help your site’s SEO (Search Engine Optimization) by signaling to Google that your site has valuable and optimized content that is updated frequently.
- Content marketing allows you to build professional relationships by gaining the trust of others, which will also fortify communication with your clients.
- Content marketing helps you reduce the amount of external marketing you need by generating leads in-house, and the less you can rely on third-party lead generation, the better.
- Content marketing is 100% reusable; ‘evergreen’ content can be published to your blog now, and still rings true for those who read/watch/hear it in three years.
- Content marketing increases brand awareness, and gives you a platform to tell the story of your brand and your company’s culture.
- You can get started with content marketing right now, in less than 30 minutes, with less money than you probably spend on lunch each day. Click here to get started!